Famous People Who Have Used Hypnosis
Celebrities who have used hypnosis for weight loss:
- Orlando Bloom was so hooked on chocolate as a child, his mother called in a hypnotist to help him shape up.
- Lily Allen (singer)
- Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York (former member of the British Royal family)
- Sophie Dahl (model)
- Geri Halliwell (singer)
- Chuck Clausen (former coach of the Philadelphia Eagles)
- Steve Hooker of Australia won the 2008 Gold Medal in Pole Vaulting after his hypnotist helped him to visualize his success.
- Tiger Woods‘ mental coach hypnotizes him to block out distractions and focus on the golf course.
- Jimmy Connors is said to have used hypnosis techniques to practice his winning strokes prior to the US Open Championship.
- Kevin McBride, the celebrated Irish heavyweight boxing champion summons his hypnotist before every game, to get into the right frame of mind.
- Championship golfer Jack Nicklaus lauded hypnotherapy and visualization techniques as the sole reason for his improved concentration.
- Carl Jung and Sigmund Freud developed modern psychiatry as a result of learning about and practicing hypnosis.
- Mozart (1756-91) apparently composed the famous opera “Cosi fan tutte” while hypnotized.
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955) physicist – was known to have his hypnosis sessions every afternoon. His theory of relativity came to him during one of these sessions. He also used trance states to develop his ideas.
- Lord Tennyson Alfred (1809-92) wrote complete poems while hypnotized.
- Rachmaninov (1873-1943) reputedly composed one of his concertos following a post-hypnotic suggestion.
Celebrities who recommend hypnosis for childbirth:
Gisele Bundchen used hypnosis for birth!