I. What Can I Expect During a Session?
- The first session is approximately an hour and a half.
- You are asked to fill out a personal information form and sign the State of California required disclosure. I will email it to you ahead of time so that we can concentrate on your goal.
- I will take a brief personal medical history, we will have an in-depth discussion about the issue you’d like to resolve, and I will ask questions about your life to have a better understanding of how to work with you.
- You will be provided a list of my qualifications and professional associations.
- Together we set a goal at each session.
- I dispel the basic myths about hypnosis.
- I go over the physiological signs of hypnosis.
- Once you are comfortable with the answers to your questions, we begin the hypnosis session.
- After hypnosis is complete, we talk about your experience and I give you feedback. I will then answer any other questions you may have.
- Important self-help techniques will be taught after each session.
II. How Many Sessions Will I Need?
- It really depends on you, what you came to work on and how responsive you are to hypnosis. Each situation is individual.
- Each session is developed based on the client’s goals during our conversation.
- Follow-up sessions are one hour in length and are generally scheduled the following week. We check in, review what worked and what did not work. We set a new goal and then begin hypnosis for that session.
- Following hypnosis, most clients feel incredibly relaxed, energized and refreshed. Some even say that they liked the feeling so much that they want to stay in that state of relaxation.